Who?

My photo
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States

Aug 29, 2011

Hong Kong Fashion

Hong Kong has been called a Fashion Capital. Often compared to the likes of New York City, London and Paris. It is common to see a long line of people outside Louis Vuitton, waiting, even when it rains, to get inside.

"Copy hand bag,copy watch" can be heard night and day on the streets of Kowloon. This is the vendors attempt to try to sell you the more reasonably priced Gucci, Prada and Rolex. It is a safe assumption that a majority of people in Hong Kong, care about what they look like.

The fashion I see on a day to day basis reflects more of an eclectic look. Neon striped print top with an orange and black plaid mini skirt. What I like is the monochromatic approach, such as leopard print top, with the leopard print tights and Leopard print shoes. This outfit is made complete with the matching iphone cover.


This picture reminds me of Nesting in skyscrapers a regular post called "Have you ever seen?"
I am not as clever as Renee but here it goes.

Have you ever seen pants that could fly?


See a recent a fashion related post on the site
here



The kids cannot help but be influenced by HK fashion.

Jane wasn't quick enough to escape the camera.

That really was just them be silly.
This on the other hand was a battle I lost one morning before school. In spite of his really sad face, I didn't argue with him too long. I suggested he change and he said no. He was pouting because he didn't want his picture taken.
I think when I make my case for the Norwegian International School to have uniforms, I will simply bring in this photo.

This is how Jane tries to go to school.
This was actually taken from her last modeling shoot in Shenzhen. At least she got paid to look like that.


Aside from the fact that there are so many people in Hong Kong to look at, fashion is why people watching in HK for me, never grows dull.
Personally it frees me to wear whatever is clean on the days when the laundry has been neglected. I can grab whatever is left in my closet regardless of what it looks like and boldly go out in public. Who knows? maybe one of these days, it will get me on a blog.


2 comments:

Michelle Roman said...

Sooo funny! Love the flying pants!! Jane's modeling pic..wow, wow, wow that is some hair and makeup!!

Sweeney Family said...

Do you think those pants would go over in Coleman? I can actually see Uncle Jim wearing them. Maybe if I get some I will send it to him. ha ha