Here is a short list of facts about Hong Kong
1. It was owned by Britain from 1842 to 1997
2. It is a special administrative region- meaning it has its own laws, currency,political system apart from the rest of China
3. Population 7 million
4. The national language for China is Mandarin Chinese but aside from English most people speak Cantonese in Hong Kong
5. Located on China's south coast - 25% of land mass is developed about 40% is nature reserves and country parks.
6. over 90% of daily travels (11 million) are public transport- making it one of the highest percentages in the world.
7. famous Hongkongers- Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and Chow Yun fat
8. It is just south of the Tropic of Cancer, it is a subtropical climate making summers humid and hot and subject to Typhoons. Average low is about 60 degrees and Average high is about 89.
In a few short days this will be home. It is a 16 hour flight from New Jersey to Hong Kong. This will be Jane and Elliot's first time flying.
More interesting post at least ones with pictures will be appearing hopefully in the next two weeks.