Who?

My photo
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States

May 29, 2010

The Burlingame Dairy Dip








It is about a 15 minute walk which is a good way to earn the ice cream and walk it off.






The Dairy Dip is located on 36th and Burlingame. It has been in business since 1977 the same year as I was born. I would put it at the top of the list for reasons to live in our neighborhood. Every year we wait for the sign to read now open. The best Hudsonville Ice cream is served here. On our recent visit Nathan and I shared what he called the Michigan boat- it was a banana split with Michigan Deer Trax, Sleeping Bear Dunes bear claw, Mackinaw Island Fudge. One summer I was determined to see how many flavors I could get through before the season ended. I don't think I got past 6 because I kept choosing what I liked and because we don't eat that much ice cream. The very generous Junior size cone is enough for me and it cost a little over $1- it is about two scoops and always seems like it is bigger than what you call a Junior size. The owners will often be the ones serving you.